Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Korea's unlimited rice cake refill buffet @ Dookki 두끼떡볶이!

Anybody who knows me knows that I am a big fan of 떡볶이 (Korean rice cake)! When I was studying abroad in Korea, my teacher recommended us to try out this famous Korean rice cake buffet chain store, which can be found easily, especially at tourist hot spots. 두끼떡볶이 (Dookki) is the name of the store.

I went to the chain store at Ewha on my last day in Korea, and I regret it so badly. I should've went earlier so that I can eat it everyday. The price is really cheap too. It costed 7,900won for adults, 6,900won for students and 3,900won for children (below 7 years old). Very cheap right right?


It is a buffet restaurant so you can eat as much as you can! But make sure you don't take too much, because they have a variety of different food other than rice cakes too. Although it is a buffet, you have to cook the rice cake yourself. You choose your own ingredients, then you mix your own sauce, add water, and cook it to your preference!



You don't have to worry about your cooking skills, they have instruction stickers on the table so you can just follow it, setting the temperature and time so that the rice cakes turns out perfect! You can ask help from the staffs too, especially if you cannot read Korean or simply because it is your first visit. I personally have been in a lot of situation where the servers came up to me and ask whether it was my first time visiting the restaurant while setting up my table. I said yes and they will teach me how to eat or how to order, so no worries!

I love the fact that they have carefully planned and recommend a list of different sauces that you can mix and match with to suit your preference. For people who prefer less spicy or less sweet, you can just follow the sauce recipe. I've personally tried the second one, which was 두끼궁중, it is half spicy half sweet. It looked weird at first because it was a red sauce mixing with a brown sauce. But the taste was out of the world.



Now moving to the main ingredients, they offer different rice cakes other than the regular rice cake. I'm sorry I've only managed to take picture of the other side of the chiller, can't really see the rice cakes. Other than the rice cakes, the have many different vegetables, processed food, 순대 (blood sausages), mussels, and of course fish cakes!


Besides, they also have a section for fried food and noodles. The fried food are ready to eat while the noodles are meant to be added to the rice cakes. For people who can eat a whole lot more and is sick of rice cakes, they also have a lot of instant noodles for you to eat for free!




You might find it cloy or too spicy to eat, they have boiling hot 어목 (fish cakes) and broth for you to endure! If i remembered correctly, they have both original and spicy flavour fish cakes.

It says the fish cakes in front are the cooked ones.

So this is now the table setting looks like. I didn't know what kind of pots or bowls to take because cookware and tableware with different shapes are used for different purposes. So I just glanced at how other local Koreans are doing it, and I just followed. Honestly the table was a bit small, so it was a bit cramped.

The flat pot on the electrical stove is for you to cook, the deep big bowl on the right is to put all raw ingredients, the small frying pan "bowl" is your personal plate, the small measuring cup is for your to put your sauce



With that big pot, I've cooked twice. I have lost count of how many servings I had but what I can tell you is that I had no room for instant noodles and fried food.

Don't forget to put on your plastic apron to avoid sauce splattering on your beautiful clothing.

Here's the direction to go to 두끼떡볶이.

It is located at Ewha. So take the subway to Ewha station and exit from Exit 1 or 2. Continue to walk towards Sinchon's Megabox mall direction. The Sinchon station nearby the restaurant is NOT the line 2 Sinchon station, so be careful!

Address: 서울 서대문구 이화여대길 89

Phone: 02-365-2771

Operation hours: 11am - 10pm




지도 크게 보기
2017.10.23 | 지도 크게 보기 ©  NAVER Corp.

0 comments:

Post a Comment