Sunday, June 11, 2017

The ultimate toast sandwich, Isaac Toast! 이삭토스트랑 좋은 하루 보내세요~


Isaac Toast is always my first choice for breakfast in Korea whenever I am in a rush or I simply just crave for delicious toast in the morning. There are a lot of branches throughout Seoul! When I say a lot, I really mean it! They have around 700 stores nation wide since their incorporation in 2003. You can find its store in almost everywhere. Places that are tourist hot spot, such as Hongdae, Sinchon, Myeongdong, Edae, Gangnam, you can definitely find one, or maybe two!

Some of the stores are just a shop where you can take away your toast or sit in the shop and enjoy, but some of them are only available take out. So no tables and chairs for you to chill. But still, just take out your toast and get going!

I was lucky that there is one around the corner near the subway station where I stayed so every morning when I go to the subway station, I will stop by and get my breakfast before starting my day. A long and tiring day to go, everyday in Korea, so Isaac Toast just start my day right.


There are a 2 choices of bread to choose from, you can choose the normal toast (white toasted bread) and also bagel. I have tried both before, but I still prefer the normal toast. The price varies with the variety of ingredients of the toast. There are some toast with spicy sauce (not spicy at all for me) and some just plain.


source: 이삭토스트

Need drinks to go with your toast? Coffee, tea, juice or smoothie? Isaac Toast got them covered for you! You can buy beverages together with your toast at Isaac Toast too. I never really try buying beverages from Isaac Toast before just because Korea have so many more other beverages to offer, so I tried my best to try many other things too.

Personally, I really really like their toast with spicy sauce. I have tried the Hot Tteokgalbi MVP and Hot Chicken MVP, and both taste incredibly delicious with spicy sauce. I have no idea what secret sauce they put inside, but Korean likes sweet syrup in their toast. No doubt it tasted heavenly.

The cabbage inside is sweet and crunchy, although sometimes it might make a mess when you are trying to eat it cause they stick together and falls everywhere if you don't hold your toast properly, but what's gonna hold me back from a perfectly delicious toast? Not messy fingers for sure!

Hot Tteokgalbi MVP. Really loving the cabbage and pickles inside! They took the flavour of the toast to a whole new level.

The Hot Chicken MVP, taste as delicious as the Hot Tteokgalbi MVP.

I also tried the toast without spicy sauce, the ham cheese (no cabbage) and ham special. It is a bit dry for me because I live for toast that goes with sauce.

Their menu is written with English, Japanese and Chinese. A lot of foreign tourist actually line up in the morning for this breakfast when I was passing by it one morning. So that's probably the reason they had to have different language on the menu for better understanding. I once had to wait for almost 30 minutes because it was lunch time and some office workers came down and ordered 20 toasts for their co-workers.

They pack it up for you if you are on the go!

Do note that if you are on the go and you leave your toast in the package for too long, it will go soggy because the toast is packed while hot/warm, so keeping it in the wrapper is gonna make the toast soggy. You don't want a soggy toast on the go right? So eat it while it is warm or open the wrapper to cool it down before you eat.

The next time you are in South Korea, remember to check out the Isaac Toast branch nearest to you so you won't miss it out! There are just too many branches for me to list it out, so just click here to search for the branch nearest to where you are. They have many many branch around Seoul so you won't have to travel far to get one.

Check out the full menu here:
Juice & Smoothie

Ah, another reason I am so envy with Korean people. This toast made the list. Many people said you can make it at home because it is definitely made with ingredients you can find at home or in the grocery store. I have tried making this a few times, taste similar but never as good as the original. I saw some people trying to make tutorials on Youtube using kiwi sauce? I have never seen one so I have never give it a try but it might work? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment