Monday, June 12, 2017

My Produce 101 trip in Korea 프로듀스101과 함께 떠나는 여행


So, I bought my flight ticket to South Korea around January 2017, and I've planned to travel in June 2017 after my exam. Little did I know, NU'EST became fixed contestant for Produce 101 Season 2 as trainees from Pledis Entertainment. People who know me must have known how much I love NU'EST since their debut and have never stop. They were the best people I have ever met. I've met them as fans at their showcases, I've met them as media at press conferences, I've met them as a traveller at radio shows.

Jonghyun

Minhyun

Minki

Dongho

I was delighted to see NU'EST again, on screen, on stage. Them going in to Produce 101 Season 2 as trainees have me caught in mixed feelings. On one side, I hated the fact that they have to become trainees all over again even after debuting for almost 5 years and had to compete with other trainees from different labels to debut. One the other side, I want them to have another chance to shine. As a ㄴㅇㅅㅌ for 5 years, I know they deserve more.





I was lucky enough to travel to South Korea during their final week on Produce 101 Season 2, having able to spot some of the supporting events fans made for them, such as the subway advertorial boards, bus advertorial poster and promotional videos on buildings. I was a fan of Produce 101 Season 2 just because NU'EST was on it (not after the show ended tho).

I went to as many places as I could to see the subway advertorials their fansite made for them to promote them for more votes.

Minhyun at Hongdae

Dongo at Sinchon

Jonghyun at Hapjeong

Minki at Myeongdong

I also went to Produce 101 MYCT pop-up store at Sinchon and the main store at CJ E&M that were selling official merchandises of Produce 101. I wanted to buy the black jersey Jonghyun wore during position evaluation practice, but it was sold out and didn't restock until the day I left Korea, which was really really a shame. They had Produce 101 MYCT merchandise on sale that week so I've bought a phone case for 15,000won and got a Produce 101 powerbank for free.

Produce 101 MYCT store at Sinchon's Hyundai Department store, B1 (현대백화점)





Produce 101 MYCT main store at CJ E&M centre (상암센터점)





They have proomotion for the merchandise every week, this week was 1+1 event of powerbank and phone case!


With the sky rocketing popularity of the trainees of Produce 101 Season 2, it is hard to not spot other advertorials and supporting events of the boys when I was in Korea. So for people who likes other trainees other than NU'EST members, here are some exclusive photos for you guys!

Subway advertorial boards of other trainees of Produce 101 Season 2.

Lai Guanlin at Hongdae

Park Ji-hoon at Hongdae

Kim Samuel at Hongdae

Ong Sung-woo at Hongdae

Yoo Seon-ho at Hongdae

Ahn Hyeong-seob at Hapjeong

Lee Eui-woong & Kim Yong-guk at Sinchon

Yoon Ji-sung at Hapjeong

Bae Jin-young at Myeongdong

Joo Hak-nyeon at Hongdae

Takada Kenta at Hongdae

Chung-ha (I.O.I) & Park Sung-woo at Digital Media City


There were also some bus advertorial events too but I only manage to spot a few.

Park Ji-hoon

Ahn Hyung-seob


The only promotional video I manage to spot on one of Hongdae's building.

Bae Jin-young

p/s: The shops are closing around July since the tv show has ended, so I am not going to blog about the direction to the stores.

But here is a special clip on the Produce 101 MYCT main store at CJ E&M centre!



0 comments:

Post a Comment